Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jacob the Jeweler is going away.


Jacob the Jeweler (aka Jacob Arabov), who's been name checked in songs by everyone from Jay Z to Kanye, has been sentenced to 2.5 years in the slammer, according to reports.
Jacob pleaded guilty last fall to falsifying records and lying to Feds who were investigating a Detroit drug ring. Authorities accused him (and others) of conspiring to launder about $270 million in drug profits!
The judge who sentenced Jacob also ordered him to pay a $50,000 fine and to make a $2 million forfeiture payment to the government.
Jacob said, "I feel ashamed that I broke the laws of this country, a country that has been so good for me. I will carry this shame for the rest of my life."
Shame! Shame! Shame!
His jail sentence is scheduled to start January 15, 2009.

No comments: